Over 14 tonnes of real Christmas trees were collected from Council collection points across Bedford Borough last year; make sure yours is one of the lucky ones sent for composting.
Real Christmas trees can be dropped off at one Bedford Borough Council’s Christmas tree recycling sites between Thursday 31 December and Monday 11 January, where they will be taken away for composting. Sites include:
- Hillgrounds Road, Kempston – Opposite the shops near Hartwell Drive
- Jubilee Park, Bedford – Opposite North Lodge, Canvin Way
- Milton Ernest Garden Centre – Radwell Road
- Mowsbury Park car park – off Kimbolton Road
- Podington Garden Centre – High Street, Podington
- Roxton Garden Centre – Bedford Road, Roxton near A1 Black Cat roundabout
- Seasons Garden Centre, Wilstead – Bedford Road, Wilstead
- Household Waste Recycling Centre – Barkers Lane, Bedford. (You must book an appointment to visit this site. Please visit the Household Waste Recycling Centre Webpage for more information and to make a booking.)
Cllr Charles Royden, portfolio holder for Environment and Transport, said:
“Our Christmas tree recycling sites are open for two weeks after Christmas from New Year’s Eve, ready for trees to be dropped off for free.
“Real Christmas trees are biodegradable, and getting it composted is a great, green way to deal with your tree after Christmas.”
Please make sure all decorations and containers are removed before you drop your tree off.