Council is reminding residents to recycle their real tree
If you cannot plant your real Christmas tree in the garden, don’t forget to recycle it. 23 tonnes of real Christmas trees were collected from collection points across Bedford Borough last year.
Real Christmas trees can be dropped off at Christmas tree recycling sites between Saturday 4 January and Sunday 12 January, where they will be taken away for composting. Sites include:
- Hillgrounds Road, Kempston – Opposite the shops near Hartwell Drive
- Jubilee Park, Bedford – Opposite North Lodge, Canvin Way
- Milton Ernest Garden Centre – Radwell Road
- Mowsbury Park car park – off Kimbolton Road
- Podington Garden Centre – High Street, Podington
- Roxton Garden Centre – Bedford Road, Roxton near A1 Black Cat roundabout
- Seasons Garden Centre, Wilstead – Bedford Road, Wilstead
- Household Waste Recycling Centre – Barkers Lane, Bedford
Cllr Charles Royden, portfolio holder for Environment and Transport, said:
“Our Christmas tree recycling sites are again open for two weeks after Christmas, ready for trees to be dropped off for free. Real Christmas trees are biodegradable, and getting it composted is a great, green way to deal with your tree after Christmas.”
Please make sure all decorations and containers are removed before you drop your tree off.