Shared Lives Week
Shared Lives Week is taking place from 17 – 21 June 2019. The focus of this year’s Shared Lives Week is to celebrate the amazing part Shared Lives carers play in people’s lives.
Shared Lives carers do amazing work and enrich the lives of the individuals they support as well as the communities they live in. This can be long-term support or a short break by having support and access to community events like going to the cinema or for a walk and chat.
Cllr Wendy Rider, portfolio holder for Adult Services said:
“Sharing your home and life with an adult with learning disabilities, through Shared Lives can improve outcomes for the individual and can have a wealth of positive experiences for all involved.
“Helping to make a real difference to someone’s life can be incredibly rewarding. Everyone deserves a good life.
“If you are interested in making a difference get in touch with our Shared Lives team.”
If you are interested in becoming a Shared Lives Carer and want to know more about Shared Lives in Bedford, the Shared Lives Team will be sharing information about the service at the following locations:
- Wednesday 19 June, 10am-2pm at Cardington Tesco
- Thursday 27 June, 10am-2pm at Putnoe Library
- Friday 28 June, 10am-2pm at Sainsbury’s Fairfield
- Wednesday 3 July, 2pm-5pm at Kempston Library
- Thursday 4 July, 2pm-5pm at Bromham Library
- Sunday 6 July, 10am-2pm at St Johns Family Fun Day
- Tuesday 8 July, at 2pm-5pm at Wootton Library
- Thursday 10 July, 11am-3pm at Bedford Central Library
- Friday 11 July, 10am-2pm at Tesco Riverfield Drive
- Friday 2 August, 10am-2pm at Tesco Riverfield Drive
The Shared Lives service works with people aged 16 years and over who have learning disabilities to assist them to access greater everyday life opportunities within the local community. Shared Lives carers share their home and family life with a person who has support needs.