Terms and conditions
The term ‘Cranfield and Marston Vale Chronicle’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose office is at 18 Braeburn Way, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0EH .
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s)
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit most websites (such as this one). These files remain on your computer for a period of time, depending on the code used. They vary in importance, some track the pages you have visited, some remember your preferences and some help advertisers display adverts which is relevant to your interests.
Under new EU privacy regulations, websites must make it clear to visitors what information is being stored about them.
The new privacy legislation essentially requires websites to obtain consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer or web connected device. This is where the cookies become relevant. Certain cookies, which are deemed to be “strictly necessary”, are exempt from the change in the law, i.e. shopping carts or WordPress (the engine behind this website) which require these bits of programming to work as intended.
The European General Data Privacy Regulation, in short EU-GDPR, requires your consent for the collection, processing and storage of personal data. As part of profiling tracking, affilinet GmbH and its affiliated advertising and technology partners store information on product or category pages visited. This serves the distribution of advertising banner with content that might interest you, which are for you of larger interest than not targeted advertisement. By clicking on the buttons at the bottom of the page, you can agree to the use of the data or reject it.
The technology of affilinet profiling enables companies to target consumers, who are in the process of purchasing products and services online, with relevant banner adverts. Due to profiling reasons, the collected data will be forwarded to the following technology partners:
- Beta Performance Ads
Click here for more information on privacy and affiliate banner ads
Alexa Flash Briefing
The Cranfield and Marston Vale Chronicle Alexa skill (flash briefing) does not record any personal details of those that use the skill. Amazon provides us with anonymised user numbers to show track how many times the skill is accessed.
Thank you for visiting the Cranfield and Marston Vale Chronicle.