Awards included Extraordinary Driver of the Year and Charity Star
Local bus company Uno recognised and rewarded the very best people and teams across its business with its inaugural People Against Ordinary Awards held on Thursday (5 September 2019)
Employees from Cranfield, Northampton and Hatfield came together to celebrate in style at the University of Hertfordshire’s Fielder Centre.
The scheme recognised thirty-six finalists across ten categories, including The Extraordinary Driver of the Year. The ceremony was attended by employees and their guests.
Jim Thorpe, managing director for Uno bus said:
“Theses awards are so important to Uno, we are first and foremost a people business, and it’s our employees that make the real difference day in, day out.
“The awards not only recognise employees nominated by colleagues in the business, but the winners of The Awesome Awards are all nominated by our customers.
“The Awesome Award in Cranfield was won by Barry Flynn, a very special category which is nominated by our customers. We would like to congratulate all our winners and finalists. We’re all really proud of you!”
The winners were:
- Extraordinary Driver of the Year – Cyril Raballand
- Extraordinary Team of the Year – Uno’s Engineering Team
- Extraordinary Engineer of the Year – Joint winners – Tony Foster and Ian Canvin
- The Charity Star – Neil Bates
- The Awesome Award Cranfield – Barry Flynn
- The Awesome Award Northampton – Suzanne Lawes
- The Awesome Award Hatfield – Neil Bates
- The Special Recognition Award – Simba Cheza
- The Safety Award – Darren Richmond, Engineering Manager