‘Have a go’ firefighter sessions as part of International Women’s Day
To celebrate International Women’s Day (8 March) this year Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service is holding two female ‘Have a go’ sessions at Stopsley and Bedford Community Fire Stations.
These sessions give you an insight in to the role of a modern day Firefighter working for the Fire and Rescue Service.
Each of the events will be held on Saturday 10 March.
- Bedford Community Fire Station, Barkers Lane, Bedford, MK41 9SB
- Stopsley Community Fire Station, Stopsley Way, Luton, LU2 9AD
- Bedford – 10am – 3pm
- Stopsley – 10am – 2pm
What will be happening:
- Climbing a 13.5m ladder
- Equipment carry and casualty drag including in CPR
- Manual dexterity, involving assembling and taking apart three items of equipment
- Wearing breathing apparatus (BA)
Part time or full time fire fighters
These activities will give those who take part an opportunity to experience wearing and working in the full personal protective equipment (PPE).
The day will include a talk outlining the recruitment process for both whole-time and on-call (RDS) Firefighters.
If you are interested in attending any of these events please contact Diversity@bedsfire.com for more information.
For more information on becoming a Firefighter and application details visit www.bedsfire.com