Free bandstand concerts on Bedford’s Embankment this summer
This 2019 concert series at the Victorian Bandstand on Bedford’s Embankment is being kindly sponsored by The Longholme, who will be providing seasonal catering and refreshments at each event.
A number of different groups will perform these traditional bandstand music concerts, on the following dates:
- Sunday 14th July- Salvation Army Band
- Sunday 21st July- The Hitchin Band
- Sunday 28th July- May Blossom Vintage Songbird
- Sunday 4th August- The Mainline Big Band
- Sunday 18th August- Bedford Saxophone Workshop
- Sunday 25th August- Bedford Town Band
Each concert is from 3pm-5pm, and is completely free to attend.
Bedford Borough Mayor, Dave Hodgson, said
“These bandstand concerts are sure to create a wonderful atmosphere down at Bedford’s beautiful Embankment. Our thanks go to this year’s sponsors, The Longholme, and to all the bands playing at this summer series.
“Come along, bring the family, and enjoy these fantastic free concerts.”