Lib Dems say that they are ‘standing up for Bedford Borough’
Mayor Dave Hodgson has launched the 2019 Bedford Borough Liberal Democrat Manifesto. The manifesto is headed ‘Standing Up for Bedford Borough’ and has four key themes:
- Supporting People
- Looking After our Environment
- Standing Up for Bedford Borough
- Working Hard all Year Round
Mayor Dave Hodgson said:
“We’ve saved services facilities that have been lost elsewhere, protecting our communities from the government cuts to funding for services which have caused such misery elsewhere.
“The manifesto is a blueprint for achieving even more in the four years to come, on behalf of local residents in all communities right across Bedford Borough.”
Commitments in the manifesto include:
- Be ambitious in tackling homelessness and ensure no one needs to sleep on the streets
- Seek a minimum of 30% affordable homes for all new housing developments
- Protect the poorest by retaining a comprehensive and fair council tax reduction scheme
- Move towards a cleaner, greener future for transport and clean air by developing electric charging points and delivering the Transporting Bedford 2020 decongestion programme
- Introduce more 20mph zones and continue to install average speed cameras.
- Continue to prioritise job creation
- Oppose any cut in services at Bedford Hospital
- Keep working with Government and BT to roll out superfast broadband access to all residents and businesses.
- Demanding fair funding for local schools
- Continuing to work all year round to get the best for all communities across Bedford Borough
You can read ‘Standing Up for Bedford Borough’ at www.bedfordlibdems/manifesto2019